Donate Life California Shares its Mission of Saving & Healing Lives at 51st California Hospital Volunteer Leadership Conference
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Feb. 21, 2014 – Donate Life California, the nonprofit state-authorized organ and tissue donor registry, participated in the 51st California Hospital Volunteer Leadership Conference hosted by California Association of Hospitals and Health Systems (CAHHS) in Sacramento, Calif., Feb. 18 – 21, 2014. Along with the state’s four federally authorized organ procurement organizations (OPOs), Donate Life California called on hospital volunteers to support its mission to save lives by inspiring Californians to register as organ, eye and tissue donors by demonstrating:
– How hospitals can and do support organ, eye and tissue donation.
– How volunteers can inspire Californians to save lives by registering as organ, eye and tissue donors.
– What transplant recipients and donor families need from hospital volunteers.
Donate Life California hopes volunteers will:
– Register as organ, eye and tissue donors at www.donateLIFEcalifornia.org and encourage five others to sign up as well.
– Contact their local OPOs to get involved.
– Utilize Donate Life California resources.
“We are grateful to CAHHS for this opportunity to educate hospital volunteers about the importance of organ, eye and tissue donation,” says Charlene Zettel, CEO of Donate Life California. “More than 21,000 Californians are awaiting life-saving organ transplants. Sadly, many will die waiting. But through our partnership with CAHHS, we can give hope to those on the transplant waiting list.”
About Donate Life California:
The Donate Life California Organ & Tissue Donor Registry is the nonprofit, state-authorized organ, eye and tissue donor registry. Registrations are recorded in a confidential database that is only searched by authorized organ and tissue recovery personnel at the time of an actual donation opportunity. It is administered by Donate Life California and California’s four nonprofit, federally designated organ recovery organizations: Donor Network West (formerly CTDN), Lifesharing, OneLegacy and Sierra Donor Services.
Fast Facts from Donate Life California:
– One organ donor can save up to eight lives, one tissue donor can enhance the lives of 50 people.
– All major religions support or permit organ, eye and tissue donation.
– Anyone can register to be an organ, eye and tissue donor regardless of age, ethnicity or medical history.
Please visit Donate Life California’s Stories of Hope to read inspiring stories about organ and tissue donors and recipients from around the state.
High concentration of Azithromycin in infected tissues is also caused by the fact that phagocytes and macrophages transport it to the site of infection and release in the area of inflammation. Azithromycin is prescribed in case of illness or injury at the time.