UCLA’s Core Kidney Program is partnering with OneLegacy to bring education and awareness on the importance of organ, eye and tissue donation.
Every day, organ transplants save the lives of fathers, mothers, sons and daughters. People like you and me need a hero to give them a second chance. One organ donor can save up to 8 lives and make an incredible difference in the lives of 75 more with their gifts of corneas and tissues. Sadly, many Americans die every day because there are simply not enough donors.
Get informed, make your decision and talk about it with family and loved ones. Because the more we know the more lives we can save.
- Californians make up 18% of the 115,000+ people nationwide waiting for an organ transplant.
- Every day, 20 patients die due to a lack of life-saving organs.
- Organs and tissues are distributed fairly, equitably, and based on medical criteria only.
- Your medical care and/or funeral arrangements will not be affected by your decision to donate.
- People of all ages and medical histories can be donors. Don’t rule yourself out!
- Donation is no cost to you or your family.
- All major religions support donation.