April is National Donate Life Month, a time when Donate Life organizations across the country strive to make LIFE possible by educating and motivating individuals to register their decision to be organ, eye and tissue donors. The 2018 symbol of National Donate Life Month is the rainbow inspired by Maya Angelou’s quote, “Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.”
Often following a storm, the presence of a rainbow provides optimism and motivates us to endure through dark times. Similarly, organ, eye, and tissue donation is the bridge of comfort and hope between one family’s mourning and another’s healing — turning tragedy into renewed life.
Maya Angelou’s message applies to all of us, no matter our background or experiences. We all know rainbows — people that have helped carry us through life and its challenges. In turn, we may also have the opportunity to be rainbows in other people’s clouds through the gift of organ, eye and tissue donation.
We wish you a Happy National Donate Life Month. We hope you’ll join us by registering to be a donor and inspiring others to register as donors as well! In California, that means checking “YES!” every time at the DMV or signing up at www.donateLIFEcalifornia.org.
What can you do for Donate Life Month?
- Inspire your friends and family with a Donate Life Twibbon for your social media profile pictures! You can also use our Donate Life Month social media images below.
- Get into the Donate Life spirit on Blue & Green Day on Friday, April 13! You can also use one of our Blue & Green Day avatars for your social media profile picture, share our social media graphics with your friends and family, and more! See our Blue & Green Day Toolkit.
- Visit our Spread the Word page for more ways to support Donate Life California.
- Check out our Fast Facts, Myths Debunked and Frequently Asked Questions pages and share what you learn with friends and family.
Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
(On desktop: Right-click on a photo below and select “Save image as…” to save to your computer. On mobile: Click and hold the image and select “Save Image”.
Then upload to social media.)
2018 Facebook Cover Photo
2018 Facebook Profile or Post Photo
2018 Instagram Photo
2018 Twitter Image
Mark your calendar! Blue & Green Day is being celebrated this year on Friday, April 13. Blue & Green Day is your chance to show support for Donate Life. Check out our Blue & Green Day Toolkit (for social media and website downloads) – and our ideas to get creative with blue and green at work:
- Wear blue & green – ties, shoes, scarves, jewelry, sunglasses, etc.
- Decorate your desk, office or cubicle with blue & green balloons, streamers, etc.
- Share blue & green cupcakes or cookies with your coworkers.
- Change your social media profile picture to a blue & green avatar.
- Starting in early April, use the image below for your Facebook cover photo to inspire others to join in on Blue & Green Day. (On desktop: Right click image, select “Save image as…” to save to your computer. On mobile: Click and hold image and select “Save Image”. Then upload picture in Facebook.)